expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday 8 January 2016

First Photoshooting Experience

Back in December, my friend introduced me to some kind of studio where they see if you actually have the potential to be a model or not and if so, what kind of model would most suit you. So, I decided to give it a go. I mean, why not? :D

I actually didn't expect to get any callback because I figured the whole thing was just for fun anyway. But after a week, I got a phone call from the director who works in London. He explained that there were 3 branches - one in London, one in Birmingham and one in Manchester. So obviously, the Manchester one was the most appropriate one for me. He invited me down to Manchester for a day of photoshooting experience. WHY THE HECK NOT?!

This was my first photoshooting experience ever in my life. It was very very tiring I must admit because I had to get up so early in the morning and arrive at the time assigned to me. It was also tiring because I had to change into 5 different outfits in 2 hours and have 3 different kinds of hair and make-up within those 2 hours. But in all honestly, it was really fun and glamorous too!





At the end of the shoot, the manager in charge assembled a portfolio for me and told me that I'm suitable for catalogue type of modelling for Marks & Spencer products. However, the portfolio that I needed to purchase to be sent off to the company would cost me up to £600!!!(for 10 pictures)!!



I had some very decent shots in there to be honest but I didn't want to spend my money on something I'm not even sure of and that I'm not interested in. I did tell the manager that I would probably be leaving the country soon. And in the end, she told me it wasn't worth it to get the portfolio.

After all, I just went there for fun and just to get a little taste of the modelling industry, you could say. After the experience, I realized that I'm not really interested in that even though I take millions and millions of pictures. It was fun and all and I would probably do it again but I wouldn't do that for a living, that's for sure. Not my cup of tea.



All in all, it was a really good experience and I was very fortunate to have had an opportunity like this. :) Kicking off January with some nice photos. Haha!






P/S: All the pictures above were taken by my boyfriend and not the professional photographer as we were not allowed to take any pictures with our own mobiles or cameras. Hence, the not-so-good-as-canon-or-nikon-cameras quality. But we did it anyway coz' we gangsta like that! Haha!