expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday 25 April 2016

Time and Life

"Time waits for no one". - Yasutaka Tsutsui



When I was young, let's say about 14 years old, my dad used to constantly say to me "time waits for no one". I honestly did not get it at the time because I was just starting high school (which was the worst 5 years of my life now that I think back) and like all teenagers, I was trying to be rebellious, which means whatever my parents ever said meant nothing to me (sorry fam!).

I wanted to get out of high school so much and wished that time could go faster so I'm all grown up and everything would fall into place and life will be so much easier. Yes, I'm laughing now as I type this because I realize that there's no such thing as being a grown-up. We just get older and wiser each year but deep down, we're still the same person as we were in high school - just smarter, perhaps.



Fast forward 10 years - PAUSE!


Life as a "grown up" is no picnic, let me tell you. You learn how to face troubles, deal with problems. You basically learn new things everyday, from how to cook something new to how to control your stupid, childish emotions (is it just me? Maybe it's just me).



I can still actually remember bits and pieces of my high school days like it was yesterday.

I've met so many people along the way, made loads of new friends, completed my MBA last November (something I never thought I'd be able to accomplish in this life time). To be perfectly honest with you, this post is really about how time flies. Last year this time, I was enjoying my time at uni and hanging out with all my new friends.


First MBA teamwork project


There's always that one Asian girl xD



Fast forward 1 year, which is right now - PAUSE!


We graduated. We celebrated. We said our goodbyes.


Most, if not, all of my friends have gone back to their home country. Some are married, some started new jobs. Everything is just happening too fast.

In all honesty, I fear time now. I'm scared that I'll miss everything because life is just flashing by in an instant.


"Time is a scary thing"


As much as I fear it, I embrace it at the same time. I get excited of what is to come because I've decided to take everything that comes my way as an adventure - even rough moments. Because life is too short and time waits for no one.





Smile and enjoy life. Happy Monday X