expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday 2 August 2016

Restaurant of the Month: Yellow Brick Road

Greetings all you lovely foodies out there

Yes, it's that time of the month again where I share with you which restaurant I fancied the most for last month. Whooop whooop!


July was probably one of the best months for me this year. I got to try some lovely new restaurants, celebrated my brother's birthday, got to hang out with loads of my friends. It's just such a lovely feeling. And let me tell you, I've been doing nothing but eating more than I should every. single. day. 



Life of a foodie ei? :D 



*Not complaining about anything here* :P 


Anyway, let me get straight to the restaurant of my choice for July. This place is sort of like a cafe/restaurant and it is located in Kuala Lumpur. And the restaurant of July goes to......












.............. YELLOW BRICK ROAD


First of all, let me just clarify that there are no yellow bricks in the cafe/restaurant. 


There are so many great and wonderful cafes/restaurants in Kuala Lumpur. But I really liked this one because it's just such a cozy place to be in and the restaurant just gave me such a good vibe. 

The food is really special. Nothing quite like I imagined it to be. I mean, you'll never find food like this in the UK. Well, maybe you can but in Kuala Lumpur, fusion food is the ultimate IN-THING right now. 

I came here for brunch with my brother. I was feeling a little tired and bored of hawker food so I decided to try this place. Since it was brunch, we both ordered soft shell crab charcoal burgers and pancakes to share. 


This was probably one of the most beautiful pancakes I've ever seen in my entire life. There were so many flavours. I mean, just look at the picture. There's just so much going on in your mouth, which personally, I really like. I don't like food to just have that one-taste. Unless that one-taste is mind-blowingly good. 


It was like a party in my mouth with the soft shell crab burger - bursting with amazing flavours! AND OH-MY-SWEET-POTATO-FRIES (because who doesn't love sweet potato fries)!! I absolutely loved it. Like I said, nothing quite like the burgers in the UK. 

I actually wanted to order more but there were just two of us and it was impossible for us to eat some more. 

Another factor would be the modern decor. I absolutely loved the decorations, the menu, the wonderful customer service. It just gives people such a comfortable feeling. And that is why I have picked Yellow Brick Road as my restaurant of the month. 



This place is definitely worth a visit if you're looking for a good cup of coffee and a nice little cozy spot to chill with your friends.