expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday 7 August 2016

SUNDAY FUNDAY: BALCONY PICNIC

As most of you may know, I'm always trying to explore my inner creativity and put that to the test by following the directions of where my brain would actually lead me to. This is the time where I come up with most of my random activities and just hope that there's someone crazy enough to go along with my ideas and programs. Today, my cousin was crazy enough to go along with this plan :)


Good evening my lovely readers

I hope you're all having a wonderful day so far. I definitely did enjoy my day today.

So, around this time last week, I wanted to get off my "lazy Sunday" ass and plan a fun Sunday because I feel like I haven't had a "Sunday Funday" in such a long time! So, I thought of this crazy idea of having a picnic. However, I didn't exactly know where to have it. Unlike in the UK where you can have picnics in the park under the cool weather, the weather in Malaysia sort of stays constant at 38 degrees Celsius throughout the day. So, it is quite a challenge to find a cool place to have a picnic.

But then, my brain took me here!


Yes, my balcony. 

*So, I'm practically giving you guys a little sneak peak of my house in this post. Well, 10% of my house anyway*

What better place to have a picnic than in your own home, right? I mean, if you have a backyard or a garden or just wherever you feel comfortable, grab yourself a towel or a blanket and you're pretty much good to go. I mean, it's easy and it's convenient. 

I picked my balcony because it has a brilliant shade which covers pretty much 80% of the sun and since it's upstairs, it is a bit cooler because of the breeze that comes along every once or twice a minute. I'm not going to lie, it is still pretty warm but as long as you're dressed for the weather and you have drinks to cool you down, it's all good. 


I feel like the setting is really important for any picnics. For me, it must give out a comfortable vibe, hence, all the pillows. Pillows are just so lovely and cozy. 


As for food and drinks, I feel like under such a warm weather, it's just better to keep things simple. Fruits are a definite MUST! Even when I had my little "indoor house picnic" back in the UK, there were cherries, strawberries and blueberries. Today, I decided to go for dragon-fruits and strawberries because I don't think all of you know how much I love pink yet (even fruits!). Haha! Not really. I haven't had dragon-fruits in 3 years and I just thought "why not?


And also, because it's pink.


Besides fruits, easy things like crisps and croissants are super quick to prepare. You can actually buy some more snacks if you like, but because this balcony picnic was only for me and Jacqueline, we decided not to go overboard :) 


Drinks are fairly simple. No matter what, I always have to have some sort of chilled green tea because I just freaking love it, don't I? And also some fruit juice would be nice and refreshing. I opted for pineapple juice, of course. 


Overall, it was just such a lovely day. I've always had a struggle of making my Sundays fun because like I said, I'm more of a "lazy Sunday" kind of girl. But it's always nice to have a fun Sunday once in a while. 




X