expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday 6 October 2016

HITTING QUARTER LIFE CRISIS

"It is perfectly okay and normal to not have your shit together at 25." - Anonymous 


I feel like there are 2 types of people in this world: People who know what they're going to be doing for the rest of their lives once they hit 20, and people who haven't got a single clue about what they want in life when they hit 20.



Good afternoon all you lovely readers


Today's post is going to be about my current life situation. As for the above statement, I feel like I'm the latter one. I've always been the type of person who wants to try as many things as I can as possible. Even at my teenage years, I've always had crazy ideas and wild imaginations about everything around me. Up till today, right this very second, I still have crazy imaginations and interesting ideas. To have a creative mind is a good thing, but I guess the downside to that is that all these imaginations and thoughts will make you question everything in life.

I will be hitting 25 next month and for some reason, it doesn't scare me at all. The only thing that scares me is that I haven't got enough time to do half of the things I've wanted to do before I hit 30. That is probably one of the scariest things ever. But I'm here today to share a few of my thoughts with you and to let you know that you are not alone :)



1. Two Minds

I'm at a phase in life where I just want to go out and explore the world, try new things, have that occasional drink at a pub or a friend's party, and be a complete nutter around close friends. However, I absolutely do not mind staying at home everyday, sitting on the couch with a good book or doing absolutely nothing at all but drink tea and chill.


2. Friends Come and Go

There's a reason why this saying was invented. And after learning it the hard way for multiple times, I've finally come to terms with it. Some people stay, some people go. You will lose old friends and gain new ones. And that's just life. Deal with it. I'm at a certain stage in life where I keep my circle of friends really small. I'm glad to have these people in my life who support and encourage me in everything I do. A few good friends is better than thousands of fake friends. Keep that in mind.


3. People Change..... You Change

Over the years, I've noticed something about myself. Physically, I've changed. But mentally too. All the dreams that I had when I was younger - dreams of becoming a princess (go on, laugh all you want) and all those other crazy, funny dreams and imaginations - they've all changed. But now is also the time to make your dreams happen. And that is what I'm going to start doing. Change. Be a better version of myself. Go after my dreams. Because even though dreams and interests change, that does not mean you can't pursue them.



Let me know if you can relate to this? X