expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday 14 June 2017

MY HOLIDAY ROUTINE

I'm not going to lie, I think this year has been the year that I've traveled the most so far. I mean, I think I've been on a plane almost every month this year although it is only June right now. But I do feel like this is a major "level-up" factor in my life considering I have a massive fear of flying.



But hey, 
if you have a fear of flying just like me, 
just know that you are not alone and that you can do it! 



A friend was talking to me recently about travelling and all that.

So, I did realize a pattern in my travel/holiday routine - whether that's in a completely new place or a place that I've already visited.



My minimum stay would be for 3 days no matter what because that gives me at least ONE day to explore and have some fun. But of course ideally, 4-5 days would be my so-called "holiday". 




Here's my travel/holiday routine:



DAY 1: ARRIVE AT THE DESTINATION

- Day 1 is more of a relaxing day because I think I deserve to chill after being on a flight and just get more rest for the next day. I would normally just check into the hotel or Airbnb and get comfy and cozy. I would also familiarize myself with the places around me and definitely find a good place to have dinner.




DAY 2: EXPLORE 

- Day 2 is normally when I would definitely do something unexpected. Try something new. It's all about walking around, getting lost, eating, and experiencing the local lifestyle. See, before the trip, I would have already done some research on where I want to explore. At night, I would wind down and go have some nice local food and experience the night life.



DAY 3: BE A TOURIST

- Day 3 is normally when the "shopping" happens. I don't know if it's just me but I would always go to somewhere with either a beach or a nice pool and I would chill for half a day. Then I would go out and do some touristy things and more exploring. And I would normally shop for either stuff for myself (most of the times, not going to lie :P) or get some souvenirs for people. I would also do something unexpected on the third day, whether that's drinking a new drink or meeting a new friend.



DAY 4: PAMPER 

- Day 4 is pretty much a pampering session. Massage, manicure, hairdo, you name it. Exploring comes later on, of course. But at this point, it's more of just soaking in the past couple of days and being thankful.



DAY 5: HOME TIME 

- Final day is of course about packing up. And I would normally visit a few more places nearby before going to the airport. And most importantly, try to get over the "holiday-withdrawal" syndrome before it even strikes :)




That is pretty much what my holiday routine looks like. Of course, it can vary depending on the amount of days I'm visiting. So, I hope this helps any of you who are going on vacation soon.





I would actually love to know what your holiday routine looks like so please let me know in the comments and share a few tips with others too :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment