expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday 7 September 2017

5 WAYS TO FIGHT DEMOTIVATION

Everyone on this planet will go through ups and downs. That's a given.



If you're down in the dumps right now, let me tell you something. It won't last forever.







Why? 





Because at the end of the day, LIFE GOES ON. 


To be really honest with you, I've been down in the dumps for a few months now and I'm not saying I'm perfectly fine at this very moment, but I know I'm finally in a healthier place. In fact, I've actually been in this healthy place for the past couple of weeks.


This post is coming up today because I don't want to write about it after everything has been said and done. I am still very much going through ups and downs every.single.day with the jobs I'm doing and the industry I'm in and the people I'm with.


Trust me. The amount of "How to Get Rid of De-motivation" articles I've read over the past couple of months have been substantial. Don't get me wrong, some of the articles did help and did provide some pointers for me. But of course, it's all up to you to do something about it.



I'm in a healthier place now because I decided to do something about it, so I do hope these tips I'm sharing will help any of you in any kind of way.


1) Take a break

Like a lot of 25 year-olds out there, my main stress comes from work. In the month of August, my work definitely took a toll on me. I could feel tension building up on my shoulders every.single.day. So, I decided to take a few weekends off. I went away with a couple of friends and just took some time off. It is amazing how taking a break can work wonders.



2) Self-realization 

When you get time off, the amount of thinking you do, the things you think about - they all tend to be a little different from your daily thoughts. While I was on my weekend getaways, I realize that no matter how scared my thoughts made me feel, I kind of know what I want. Some things just seem clearer than when you're daily grinding. I did learn more about myself and what I want in life. But learning about yourself is an everyday process. So, it's good to take some time off to check in with yourself.



3) Do the things you love

Honestly, for me - a person who loves writing and blogging - to have a meltdown and not write anything for a couple of weeks is just unacceptable and unfathomable. Because I find joy through writing. I don't care if it's not as perfect or well put together as other bloggers/writers out there, but I still love to write. Taking pictures, having a couple of drinks with some friends (or even alone), writing, filming - they're all things I love to do. And if you do the things you love, I don't see why you can't be happy.



4) Surround yourself with laughter

The amount of laughter I get from my colleagues at work is actually scary. Too scary. I could laugh every 5 minutes from 9am-1pm every.single.day. And I have a couple of friends who actually make me so happy everyday too. I remember one time last month, I was having a really bad day. Honestly, I couldn't take my mind off things, I had so much on my plate, all I could think about was my problems. But my friends manage to get me out of that stage. And it's all through talking and laughing.



5) Inner peace

Something that I've been practicing for the past couple of weeks. Trying to see everything in a positive manner. Let me tell you, it's no walk in the park. It will always be a working progress for me, I admit. But each day I practice inner peace, I find myself at ease. I sleep better at night. I focus better on what I want. Definitely a good way to start being happy.



Some people are big believers of karma and the whole "what goes around comes around".

I'm more of an "everything happens for a reason" kinda gal. So, no matter what happens, good or bad, I know that everything happens for a reason. Your action, your decisions, your choices, they make you who you are and they make up for those reasons.

I always like to tell myself that there are no right or wrong decisions, only good or bad ones. But at the end of the day, everything still happens for a reason. You made that choice for a reason, you acted that way for a reason.



But don't worry. Because whether it's a good or bad decision, nothing lasts forever. LIFE GOES ON.

No comments:

Post a Comment