expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday 22 October 2017

3 Inspiring Stories that I Carry With Me

Needless to say, my trip to the UK back in September was a fruitful one. I got to meet up with so many people that I love and did some catching up which was amazing.


But I'm not here to talk about my trip. I'm here to talk about what I've learned from my friends. 3 in particular. I carry these 3 stories with me everyday because they are a reminder of what I should be and whom I should be. I don't think I will ever forget these 3 stories but if I do, I want to be able to look back at this post and be re-inspired.


For the purpose of this post, all names will remain anonymous. 


Story 1: 

So, I was having coffee with one of my lecturers from uni. To be completely honest with you, I'd never thought I'd actually meet up with any lecturers or if any lecturers would still remember me. But I absolutely cannot believe he would give up his time to come meet with me - which I will forever be grateful for.

He taught me something that I will truly carry for the rest of my life.

"In life, I think we are all designed to have the things that we desire. It's just a matter of time and how you actually get it. So, if that's the case, why not you write your own story before things actually happen? You write your own path. Why wait and see what happens? You write it and you follow it." 



Story 2: 

This girl used to work with me in the same restaurant as a waitress. Very very young but very talented. And it took me by surprise when she wanted to meet up with me. Like, I never thought she would look me up. But she did, and for that, I truly, honestly love her.

She was talking about how she wants to further her career in London.

"There are bad people and bad things happening everywhere. But do you think that's going to stop me from doing what I love? I love London so much despite everything that has happened. But don't expect me to not go there just because of the attacks."



Story 3: 

So, I used to work with this girl in a company before things went South for her. I watched her struggle through everything. I kid you not. I watched her get fired, I watched her get scolded by our managers, I watched her cry. You name it. But when I visited this time, she was doing so much better. And she so eagerly wanted to see me and she bought me dinner - which, I will forever cherish.

She was talking about what had happened the past year.

"I realized that if you really really want something and you work hard for it, it will come true. Through all the struggles and hardships, I never gave up. I kept on going and going and going until I felt like dying. And I'm finally here." 



What these people said to me, their stories - are so inspirational that I think about it every morning I wake up and every night before I go to sleep. These stories are my motivation, my inspiration, my pick-me-up.



They have helped me with so much since I've been back so I really hope it can help you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment