expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday 21 October 2017

Are You Living Just For the Weekend?

Don't get me wrong. I love weekends just as much as the next person. And yes, my heart beats faster everytime it gets to 5pm on Fridays. 

I'm sure most of you feel the same way. And that's totally OK.

I mean, let's face it. We're all pretty much living for the weekend. We have fun and exciting things planned for the weekend, we can lie in bed and do nothing for 2 days - basically 2 days of doing what you want.



This week passed by in a blink of an eye. I'm not even kidding. It's like I woke up on Monday morning and went to work and all that jazz. Came home, went to sleep. And the next thing I know, it's a freakin' Saturday morning.


I constantly ask myself "Is this life now? Is this what adulting is? Is it OK that time passes this quickly?"


Don't get me wrong. I love my life. I love the job that I'm doing. I'm extremely grateful for what I have in life. But I feel like I haven't accomplished enough. And I always find myself in total confusion when Sunday night comes. Like, where has the time gone? Have I been lazy? What have I been doing? Is this all a dream?


Right. Let's not get carried away. 


Here's what my day-to-day routine looks like (pretty much) :

Get up. Stretch a little. Get ready for work. Work 9-6. Get stuck in traffic. Come home. Make dinner. Go for drinks. Sleep.


See. A lot of that time feels wasted.


So, I've decided to change my routine and start small:


1. Prioritize my time

2. Make more lists and make them visible instead of scattering them all over the place

3. Realize how many hours I have left in a week 

4. Slow down 

5. Make time for myself



What about you? How do you break out of your routined lifestyle? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment