expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday 6 November 2017

5 Decisions To Make When You're Moving Into A New Home

As most of you would probably know by now, from previous posts obviously, I've moved into a new apartment. And yes, as I'm writing this now, I have 100% moved in. I've been putting it back for a few days because it was extremely tiring.


Moving into a new home isn't as easy as it seems. 


But I'm sure most of you know it.


So, I just wanted to share a couple of decisions I had to make when I decided to move into a new home. Home doesn't necessarily mean a house. Home is obviously where you live, where you feel comfortable, where you feel safe. And yes, it will take me a couple more weeks to make my new home feel like home as I'm still in the process of unpacking.


Anyway, here are some of the things I considered before moving.



1. Living alone or living with people

To be honest with you, this was my biggest problem. Sometimes, living alone is fun and all that but you do get lonely. And when you're sick, there's no one there to take care of you. You have no one to talk to when you get home whereas if you live with people, you know who to talk to when you've had a bad day. But of course, you don't really have the freedom to do things i.e. cook in your underwear or leave your things wherever you'd like.



2. Cost

Can you actually believe that this factor came in second? Normally, people would always think of the cost first. But anyway, find something that is within your budget range. And find out how much you need to pay a month for electricity, water and gas bills and all that. From there, you can compile everything and see which one fits your budget.




3. Location 

Obviously, you'd want a place that is convenient. My place is super super convenient. A 24-hour clinic, dental care, supermarket, shopping mall (HnM!!!), 7-eleven, train station, food stalls, restaurants - just everything I need, basically. They're all there. So, pick a place where you KNOW it's convenient for you.




4. Furniture and fixtures

I would always look for a fully-furnished place because in my opinion, it is absolutely pointless to buy furniture when you don't own your own house yet. Because imagine moving everything into your next home. So, I would always go for a place that is already furnished.




5. Security 

This for me, is really important. In my previous place, whenever I got back at midnight, security guards would actually guard me to my room to make sure I was OK. I mean, it's not like I needed that but it's just the feeling of being safe and secure. My new place seems to have good security too - guards, key cards that only residents have, double locked doors, all that jazz.




So these are the things I took into consideration before moving to a new apartment. I hope it will help some of you who are looking into moving.



Let me know in the comments what decisions you had to make when you moved to a new place :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment